The Central Facilities comprise four centres: SARA, Nikhef, Philips Research/HTC and RUG-CIT, with three of these today housing BiG Grid resources.
Below is a short summary and links to each of these three centres. In case you want to find our more about the resources, please visit their local web pages as well. If you have issues accessing the resources at any particular centre, contact the support email address, or - in case you have a general operational issue or don't immediately know where to put your infrastructure-related problem - contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SARA Computing and Network Services
SARA houses the large-scale low-latency clusters, a sizable part of the generic high-throughput compute clusters, as well as most of the disk-based mass storage and all tape resources.
- For information about resources at SARA visit https://hpcv.projects.sara.nl/.
- For user support, mail to email@example.com or call +31 (0)20 592 8008.
Nikhef, National Institute for Subatomic Physics
Nikhef resources focus largely on high-throughput clusters and disk-based mass storage. Using a different storage middleware solution than Sara, it caters for smaller-scale (~100-500 Terabyte) storage needs with specific access control requirements.
- For information about the Grid at Nikhef, see http://www.nikhef.nl/grid/
- For resource usage and statistics, see http://www.nikhef.nl/grid/stats/
- For user support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Philips Research at the High Tech Campus
The Philips Research (at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven) resources comprise a large-scale compute clusters with 20.000 SpecInt2006 (rate) performance, as well as limited associated mass storage. It's the largest single cluster in the BiG Grid offering, and is fully homogeneous.
- Information about the resources can be obtained from the help desk
- Resources are transparantly available through the brokering service
- User support through email@example.com